IGA has released its new briefing paper “Teetering on the Brink of Regional Convergence. Bulgarians’ Stances on Russia’s War against Ukraine, Strategic Orientation, Democracy, Media and Values vis-à-vis Central and Eastern Europe”.
The study presents the results of in-depth public opinion polling conducted in Bulgaria in partnership with GLOBSEC. The findings demonstrate that Bulgarians are outliers in the context of societal dispositions in other Central and Eastern European countries. Bulgaria records:
- The lowest adherence to the EU and NATO.
- The least critical assessment of Russia.
- The weakest perception of threat from Moscow and Beijing.
- The highest approval of autocratic leaders.
- The most entrenched anti-Western views.